Maintaining your child’s smile requires making accurate diagnoses and recommending appropriate treatment. We can only gather a limited amount of information from a visual examination of your youngster’s teeth and gums. To make more nuanced diagnoses and monitor your child’s oral development, our office and our team use innovative digital x-rays at our Tampa, FL office. This advanced form of radiography is just one of many ways we keep up with the constant and rapid advancements in modern dental technology. Digital x-rays can make your child’s care simpler and more successful. Contact All Children’s Dentistry today to find out more about digital x-rays or schedule a consultation with us.
How Do Digital X-Rays Work?
Digital radiography is typically more efficient and effective than traditional film x-rays. Instead of using a conventional filmstrip, we generate images of your child’s teeth, gums, and jawbone using a special computer sensor that transmits the x-ray picture directly into the computer, allowing us to reduce the amount of harmful radiation by nearly 90%. We can then immediately view and enhance the x-ray images on our computers to provide swift, nuanced diagnoses. This process is also faster and more convenient, shortening your appointment time. With digital radiography, our dentist and our team can detect potentially problematic conditions earlier so we can treat them before they worsen. This allows us to save you and your child time, money, discomfort, and hassle.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
Our dentist and our team are committed to using sophisticated technology to make your child’s dental experience more efficient and effective. Parents typically appreciate digital x-rays because this type of imaging:
- Results in less radiation exposure, which is particularly pivotal for young children’s developing bodies
- Provides a faster turnaround time for diagnosis
- Leads to shorter, more convenient office visits
- Allows you and your child to become more involved in co-diagnosis, since our doctor can magnify and point out any abnormalities in your youngster’s x-rays on our computer screens
- Gives you a much better understanding of your child’s treatment options, as our doctor will provide detailed demonstrations using the images and our software We can further detail the benefits of digital x-rays at your child’s next biannual cleaning and examination appointment.